Zucchini and Corn Fritters
From the kitchen of Nereda Merrin, here is a delicious, nutritious treat for you to enjoy, perfect as a full meal or a snack.
* 1 cup corn kernels * 1 cup zucchini, grated * 2 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated * 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped * 2 tbsp. coriander leaves, finely chopped * 2 eggs, lightly whisked * 1/3 cup, wholemeal spelt flour * 1 lime, quartered to serve * Extra coriander leaves, to serve
(1) Combine kernels, zucchini, ginger, chilli and chopped coriander in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in lightly whisked eggs.
(2) Add flour to corn and egg mixture, use wooden spoon to combine.
(3) Heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil in a large frying pan. Make 6 individual fritters by spooning approximately half the mixture into the pan.
(4) Flatten each fritter slightly and then cook for about 2 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
(5) Drain on paper towel, set aside and keep warm. Repeat with remaining corn mixture. Serve warm with the lime wedges and extra coriander leaves.
Not only delicious, but nutritious because…
Yellow-coloured fruits and vegetables, such as corn, contain substances called carotenoids. Eating carotenoid-rich vegetables helps reduce the risk of macular degeneration, as well as helping reduce the risk of developing cancer and heart disease.
We hope you enjoy!