The Importance of Using Resistance
We’ve all heard that building resistance into our exercise is important, but what exactly are the benefits?
Here are our 10 best reasons to pick up those weights!
Remember to start light and increase the weight or resistance as your strength builds.
(1) Improved tone and muscle strength helps to protect the joints from injury.
(2) Helps to maintain and increase flexibility, joint mobility and balance, essential as we age.
(3) Increases stamina so you can keep going longer.
(4) Helps in the control and prevention of chronic illness such as diabetes, arthritis, heart disease, depression and back pain.
(5) Improved posture, essential to counteract hours of computer time.
(6) Increased bone density and reduced risk of osteoporosis. (Osteoporosis affects 15% of Australian women over 50).
(7) Increased confidence, improved body image and mood.
(8) Better sleep.
(9) Decreased injury risk.
(10) Ability to assist in chronic pain management.
The best reason – you’ll feel amazing!